Use this guide if you have set up your mailbox with us, but would prefer to access your emails through Outlook.
Before you begin
Make sure you can access mail directly through Webmail using your username and password. If you’re unsure what you used for the password, you can always reset it through moonfruit.com > Account > Domains > Email and settings > Change settings.
Adding your mailbox
- Navigate to Outlook
- Open the Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard via the File tab > Add account
- Select ‘Manually configure server settings’ or ‘Additional server types’, then click ‘Next’.
- On the ‘Choose Service’ page, select ‘POP or IMAP’, and then click ‘Next’.
- We then get the ‘POP or IMAP account settings’ panel. Here we can set up the account:
|Your Name||Enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.|
|Email Address||Enter your mailbox email address, eg firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Account Type||Select POP3 from the dropdown menu|
|Incoming||POP.yourdomain.com (replace your domain with your actual domain name)|
|Outgoing||smtp.yourdomainname.com (replace your domain with your actual domain name)|
|Username||Enter your mailbox email address again, eg email@example.com|
|Password||Enter your mailbox password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to ‘Remember password’ is selected|
- Next, click ‘More Settings’.
- When the next panel loads, choose the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, then select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Within the same panel, from the ‘Advanced’ tab use the following:
- Click ‘OK’ and ‘Finish’ to complete the set up.
If you encounter any errors when setting up your account, you may find a solution below:
Error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.' This error is usually seen when you entered an invalid user name or password for the SMTP server authentication. Go back to ‘POP and IMAP Account settings’ to resolve (you can reset a forgotten password via Moonfruit.com > Account > Domains > Email & Settings).
Error (0x800CCC92): 'Your email server rejected your login.' This error is usually seen when you entered an invalid user name or password for the POP server authentication. Go back to ‘POP and IMAP Account settings’ to resolve (you can reset a forgotten password via Moonfruit.com > Account > Domains > Email & Settings).
Error (0x80042108/9): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server.' / 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server'. Both of these error messages can appear when using an incorrect port, respectively for incoming and outgoing servers. Check the port numbers are set to 110 and 25. If you are using these ports and are still getting this error message, you'll need to contact your ISP as they may be blocking one. In most cases you will be asked to use their own SMTP server instead of yours.
Error (0x800CCC18): 'Your e-mail server rejected your login with Secure Password Authentication'. This error occurs when you try to use Secure Password Authentication (SPA). To solve this problem, simply un-tick the SPA box back on the ‘POP and IMAP Account settings’ window.
- Reset your mailbox password (via your Domains management page). The password must be complex (avoid dictionary words), contain at least 8 characters (including at least 3 numbers and at least 2 special characters), or more than 16 characters. Please don’t use a space character or question mark in the mailbox password.
- Check if you have the same error when disabling your firewall and antivirus
- Check that you have chosen POP (not IMAP) for incoming mail
- Check that you have not activated SSL/authentication
- Check that your domain name is valid, registered with us, and not expired
- Check that you are using your full mailbox name as username, and not an alias or a forwarded e-mail address.
If you’re still facing technical issues, please contact our Support team.